Beat the Unwanted Double Chin with These Simple Exercices
Double chin can be result of little weight gain. Not only overweight people have a double chin. Of course, it doesn’t look good at all and everybody definitely wants to get rid of it.
Sometimes double chin can appear due to ageing process. The skin in fact becomes saggy over an age. The jaw muscle and neck often lose the tone and makes our skin look loose.
Whatever be the reason behind this, everyone wants to reduce it immediately. Here is a simple exercise which can help you get rid of double chin. You move each face muscle which will quickly reduce the double chin.
Exercises for Double Chin
As we said earlier while talking about chewing gum, exercise helps tone the muscles around your jaws. This alleviates double chin. So, here are some real exercises that you can do if you want to get rid of double chin.
Lift your Chin
- This chin exercise stretches and tones the muscles of your neck, jaw and throat.
- Stand straight.
- Tilt your neck backwards.
- You must be able to see the ceiling with your neck lying backwards.
- Lift your chin in a way that your lips get closed with a stretching feel on your neck. In a way, you have to pucker your lips tightly.
- Hold this position for about 5 seconds. You may count 1-5.
- Let loose your neck.
- Stretch it again by lifting the chin. Hold for 5-7 seconds and let loose.
- Repeat this for 6-8 times.
Do this exercise 5 times a day at frequent intervals throughout the day.
Platysma Muscle Exercise
The platysma muscle is there at the front of your neck, under the chin. A toned platysma muscle group holds your jaw and neck line upwards but due to aging, it actually leads to a sagging jaw line and drooping chin. Do this exercise to tone up this muscle and get rid of double chin as well as turkey neck.
- Stand straight.
- Pull your lips backwards and inwards, against your teeth. Simultaneously, let the corners of your mouth turn downwards.
- Open your mouth slightly but ensure your lips remain pressed tightly against your teeth and the mouth corners too should remain turned down. You will be able to see the tendons on your neck that will stand out in this stressful position.
- Now wiggle your lower jaw in this position, up and down.
Do this for 8-10 times.
Roll Your Neck
When you do the neck roll exercise, you not only tone up and stretch your jaw muscles as well as the muscles of throat and neck, but you also release all the tension from your shoulders. With this exercise, not only can you Lose Chin Fat but of neck and shoulder pain too.
- Stand or sit straight.
- Slowly turn your head towards left while inhaling. Try to bring your chin close to your left shoulder.
- Now, while exhaling, turn your neck towards right and bring your chin close to right shoulder.
- Now while inhaling bring your neck downwards and touch your chin to your chest.
- While exhaling, roll backwards your neck till you see the ceiling. You should feel a stretch in your neck.
Repeat this for 5-6 times.
Gradually increase the repetition cycles from 5-6 to 10-12 over days.
*You have our permission to copy or reprint our articles only if you write our link below – worldhealthchoice