How to Relieve Gastrointestinal Distress on Natural Way!
Enjoying unhealthy foods for a long period of time is one of the things that lead to gastrointestinal distress. That is constipation, stomach pain, diarrhea, nausea, slow digestion, gas and many other issues.
However, there are many individuals who are at risk of gastrointestinal problems even when they are not consuming heavy and unhealthy foods but have medical problems like celiac disease, IBS, lactose intolerance, Crohn’s disease or other similar health problems. Luckily, there is more than one way to fight these frequent digestive problems and these ways are completely natural.
Natural Ways To Relieve Gastrointestinal Distress
- Heat – By using heat directly on the lower abdominal area you will be able to soothe bowel spasms, de-stress muscles and boost the work of the digestive system. For this purpose, you can rely on hot water bottles, heat packs or a simple warm compress based on rice. Just use a thick sock from your drawer and put uncooked rice in it. After that, heat the sock in a microwave for one minute.
- Water – We all know that water is crucial for the proper work of the digestive system. Water is also very important in cases of diarrhea because it protects us from dehydration and the same goes for cases of constipation because it eases the passage of stool. Mix a cup of warm water with one teaspoon of table salt in order to soothe a gastrointestinal distress.
- Ginger – Studies have confirmed that ginger is an herb that acts as natural anti-emetic. Ginger also supports digestion, soothes stomach pain and eases the symptoms of inflammation. The best way to use ginger for this purpose is when it is fresh in the form of a tea. Ginger has a very specific taste and this is the reason why many people use it in the form of a supplement. You can find tinctures and pills based on turmeric in almost every health store.
- Peppermint – Peppermint aids digestion and supports the appetite. Just like in the case of ginger, peppermint acts an anti-emetic and soothes the stomach. The best way to use it is to chew it while it is fresh. Additionally, you can use mint to make tea. Just take a few sprigs of mint and put them in hot boiling water. Peppermint is also proven fighter of sugar addiction.
- Baking Soda – If we analyze the content of antacid products, we will notice that the majority of them are based on sodium bicarbonate which is another name for the common household item –baking soda. So, avoid using items that contain baking soda and certain chemicals and fillers. Take two teaspoons of baking soda and pour them in a cup of warm water.
- Aloe Vera Juice- There are many individuals around the world who take aloe vera juice to heal many different intestinal problems. Although most of them use it in cases of constipation, this juice is beneficial for those suffering from diarrhea, bloating, cramps and gas too.
- Apple Cider Vinegar –This special type of vinegar is used in many different ways. For exemple, for household cleaning, skin and hair health care, body care etc. Apple cider vinegar is also used to aid digestion, soothe stomach pain and boost proper absorption of minerals, vitamins and other nutrients.
- Turmeric –This spice is used for digestive issues because it is packed with curcumin. Turmeric is mentioned as a good remedy for digestive problems even in traditional Ayurvedic and Chinese medical scripts. The WHO (World Health Organization) approves the use of the active ingredient of turmeric (curcumin) to heal acid reflux and gas.
- Probiotics – People use Probiotics for healing gastrointestinal distress for a long time. It turns out that they are extremely effective in cases of diarrhea and other issues that occur due to antibiotics intake. People who are using probiotics must be sure that they are using the adequate type for their organism. Some probiotics are ineffective when the stomach acids are too strong.
- Rest In many cases short rest can be helpful too. In this way you will be able to process the foods that may be problematic without much effort.
The main advantage of natural remedies is that in most cases these remedies don’t come with any side effects. In addition, they are not expensive and their use is simple. It doesn’t really matter what causes these problems. Implementing certain changes in your lifestyle like diet changes and physical activity will definitely help you eliminate gastrointestinal distress.
*You have our permission to copy or reprint our articles only if you write our link below – worldhealthchoice