DIY Organic Baby Wipes With Chamomile & Lavender [Video]
Do you often use baby wipes? Which ones do you buy? Those full with harmful ingredients?
When it comes to your baby, you will do the best. That includes everything from what those little sweethearts eat to what we put on their bodies, such as baby wipes. Unfortunately, the wipes you buy in the store may include harmful ingredients. Remember that whatever you put on your baby can seep right into their skin and into their bodies! This includes medications for baby wipes, diaper rash, bath products, etc. However, the following DIY baby wipes are very safe to use. They have organic ingredients. Furthermore, they’re easy to make and relatively cost-effective.
Here is what we need for your DIY baby wipes:
- Bounty Paper Towels (or organic, nonchlorinated paper towels)
- Airtight Container with lid (or simply empty baby wipe container)
- Organic Coconut Oil
- Castile Soap
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Serrated Knife
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cups
- 3 Cups of boiled Water
- 2 Tbsp Castile Soap
- 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 6 drops Lavender Oil
If you wish, you can add to this recipe a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar . This helps fight bacteria that may be lurking on your baby’s bottom. You may also choose to add 5-6 drops of chamomile essential oil. Chamomile can fight rashes and prevent them from cropping up in the first place. Additionally, chamomile’s gentle scent will help promote happy and calm atmosphere for your baby. At the end, you can also add 2 tablespoons of pure aloe vera. It is gentle on the skin and promotes a healthy immune system.
How to make Baby Wipes:
Organic paper towels are the first ingredient for these baby wipes. Be sure they’re nonchlorinated because you certainly don’t want this added chemical seeping into the baby’s skin. What is also important, the paper towels must be thick. The cheap thin ones will only fall apart when you will use them.
- With a serrated knife cut the paper towels in half, width-wise.
- Take out the cardboard roll center.
- Place paper towels in airtight container, or large mixing bowl, if using an empty baby wipe container.
- Boil 3 cups of water.
- Add castile soap, coconut oil, lavender essential oiland any optional ingredients like chamomile essential oil.
- Pour solution over paper towels–saturate them completely.
- Transfer saturated towels to container if using an empty baby wipe container.
- Pull up the top baby wipe through the dispenser.
Castile soap is made with completely natural ingredients so it is great for these wipes. You might choose castile soap that is lavender scented. Always read the labels. Coconut oil is the moisturizing ingredient and lavender and chamomile essential oils are gentle, soothing and calming.
These organic baby wipes should last for 2 weeks.