Do Not Touch This Plant! It Can Cause Serious Damages To Your Body! [Video]

How this plant can cause damages only by touching it?

This beautiful plant called giant hog-weed has white flowers. It can appear very attractive but do not make any mistake touching it!

Children, as they are so curious, are especially in danger!


Maybe this will sound surprising but actually there are about 10 plants in North America that children need to know to stay away from. Nowadays, kids don’t learn practical knowledge such as how to identify poison oak or worse, hogweed!
So take time to read and to spread the word and teach your kids.

They should know THIS:

This giant hogweed is in fact part of the Carrot family. It can grow up to 14 ft tall and is loaded with deadly toxic sap!

The results are horrifying. If you accidentally break a stem or touch any of the sap you will begin to develop deformed blisters! Due to the height of the stalk this is easy to accidentally do. Characteristics to watch out for include green stems with purple patches that are a bit hairy with white hairs.


If someone comes into contact with the plant’s sap then this person can expect the following damages:

  • severe blistering,
  • possible blindness
  • if it comes into contact with your eyes and possible third degree burns.

plant damage body

These effects come from all those chemicals that this plant contains.  When those chemicals come in contact with human skin they dramatically increase the skin’s sensitivity to light.


This can cause very painful blisters, They can be formed within around 48 hours and can last from anywhere between a few months to six years.

If the sap gets in the eye, it can cause LONG TERM sensitivity to light.


What Kind of Measures to Take if Your Child Comes in Contact With This Plant?

Of course, everyone will like to avoid the contact with this plant!  But what to do if someone happens to come in contact with the giant hogweed?

  • Wash the affected area immediately with cold water.
  • Make haste because the toxic reaction may begin only within 15 minutes.
  • Make sure you get out of the sun!
  • Apply immediately a safe sunscreen on the effected area.


If the sap comes into contact with your eyes, flush with water extensively. Then don’t forget to wear sunglasses for protection!


Source: RealFarmacy

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *