Homemade Body Scrub With Peppermint Oil and Sea Salt
Do you want to have super soft skin with this homemade body scrub? There are bunch of products on the market today promising that glowing and soft skin. It is very important to make sure you’re using chemical-free ingredients that won’t cause irritation or weaken your immune system. To ensure that you’re using the best quality ingredients, why not ditch the store-bought creams and choose a homemade body scrub instead?
In order to stay hydrated, this sugar and sea salt homemade body scrub provides the skin with the nutrients it needs. The grainy texture of sugar and sea salt work as a natural exfoliate to rub away dead skin cells. It will reveal the smooth skin underneath. This homemade body scrub also includes jojoba oil, honey, shea butter, peppermint essential oil and coconut oil.
- Coconut oil: contains healthy fats that moisturize our It’s also an anti-inflammatory that fights skin irritation.
- Honey: It is packed with anti-aging antioxidants. It serves as a moisturizing, anti-aging and antibacterial ingredient in this body scrub.
- Shea butter provides the skin with Vitamin A and E, which nourish and moisturize to promote soft and healthy
- Jojoba oil is often used as a carrier oil. It moisturizes and protecting the skin from sun damage and dryness. By balancing the oil levels in the skin, jojoba oil serves as an important ingredient in this body scrub.
- Peppermint essential oil: A few drops of this oil will provide a cooling sensation to the skin to relieve sore muscles.
Homemade Body Scrub With Sea Salt and Sugar
- 1/2 cup of coarse sugar or date sugar
- 2 tablespoons of local honey
- 1/4 cup of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of jojoba oil
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1/8 cup of shea butter
- 5-10 drops of pure essential peppermint oil
- You need a small glass or ceramic bowl, measuring spoons, a 1/4 measuring cup, a regular spoon and an 8-ounce glass jar to make this body scrub.
- Place the sea salt and sugar into the bowl and mix well using a spoon.
- Add the honey, coconut oil and shea butter, then blend well.
- Add the jojoba oil and mix.
- Once the ingredients are well-blended, add 5-8 drops of pure essential peppermint oil and then blend once again.
- Transfer the mixture into a small clean glass jar with a lid.
- For healthy, soft, glowing skin, use the homemade scrub as an exfoliate. Use a small amount of the scrub in the shower and with a circular motion massage it into your skin. Massage for 10 seconds, starting at your feet, hands, then make your way toward your heart. For best results, use this scrub on your entire body.
Watch the following video for a how-to on a very similar recipe: