Healthy White Bean Soup – Beat the Clock Recipe!
Healthy White Bean Soup is satisfying meal for dinner or lunch. For just 10 minutes you will get different flavor of soup, something that you never tasted before. This soup can be accompanied by toasted bread with optional cheese (mozzarella) and tomato. Very easy and simple recipe to make!
Ingredients for White Bean Soup:
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, each about 6 inches long
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Two cans of white beans, strained and rinsed
- 1 small peeled, trimmed and halved shallot
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 small peeled, trimmed and halved garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon unsalted low-fat butter
- Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices crusty sourdough bread
- 4 small pieces mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped (about 1 cup)
Preparation of White Bean Soup:
Position a rack about 4 inches (10cm) from the broiler heat source, and preheat. Bring the wine, thyme, rosemary, and 2 cups of the chicken (or vegetable) broth to a boil over high heat in a covered medium saucepan. Reduce to simmer.
Puree the beans, shallots, oil, garlic, butter, remaining 1/2 cup vegetable or chicken broth, few grinds of pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 cup of the simmering broth (of your choice) in a blender until becomes completely tender, smooth and emulsified, about 2-3 minutes.
Meanwhile, if you want to eat few slices bread with the soup, lay the bread slices on baking sheet and top evenly with mozzarella cheese. Broil 1 to 2 minutes until the tops are browned and bubbling; remove from the oven. Cut the tomatoes and put evenly among the toasts, and top with Parmesan.
Remove the herb sprigs from the simmering broth and set aside. Put into the vegetable or chicken broth the bean puree and return it to a gentle boil. Serve the White Bean Soup into nice bowls. Garnish with the reserved herb sprigs, few grinds of black pepper or spices of your choice.
Enjoy in the meal!
*You have our permission to copy or reprint our articles only if you write our link below – worldhealthchoice