Why Energy Efficient Light Bulbs are Bad for Our Health?

Many of us make an effort to save money and energy and that’s why we decide to use energy efficient light bulbs. We replace the old standard light bulbs with eco and environmentally-friendly new generation energy saving light bulbs.  However, the new generation of energy saving and efficient bulbs are very toxic! The U.S Environmental Protection Agency actually created an emergency protocol that people need to follow in the event of a bulb breakage. It is like that due to the poison gas that they release. If  broken indoors, these light bulbs release 20 times the maximum acceptable mercury concentration into the air. This information is according to a study made by researchers from the Fraunhofer Wilhelm Klauditz Institute for German’s Federal Environment Agency.

Energy Efficient Light Bulbs

Energy Efficient Light Bulbs Can Cause:

  • Dizziness
  • Cluster headaches
  • Migraines
  • Seizures
  • Fatigue
  • Inability to concentrate
  • Anxiety

Why We should Go Back To Traditional Light Bulbs

  1. Energy saving bulbs, as we already said, contain mercury. That is actually a potent neurotoxin that is especially dangerous to pregnant women and children. They are especially toxic to our brain, the liver, nervous system and the kidneys. It can also damage the immune, cardiovascular and reproductive systems. It can lead to anxiety, tremors, insomnia, headaches, memory loss, cancer and Alzheimer’s .
  2. Energy saving bulbs can cause cancer

A new study made at Berlin Germany’s Alab Laboratory found these light bulbs contain poisonous carcinogens that could cause cancer.

People use Phenol, a mildly acidic toxic white crystalline solid in chemical manufacture.

Naphthalene, a volatile white crystalline compound, produced by the distillation of coal tar, is used in mothballs and as a raw material for chemical manufacture.

Styrene, an unsaturated liquid hydrocarbon, obtained as a petroleum byproduct.

  1. Energy efficient light bulbs emit a lot of UV rays.

Energy saving lamps emit traces of UV-B and UV-C radiation. We all know that UV-radiation is very harmful for the eyes and skin. It can lead to skin cancer.  The radiation from these bulbs directly attacks our immune system, and furthermore damages the skin tissues enough to stop the formation of D-3 vitamin.

To conclude, these bulbs are so toxic that we are not even supposed to put them in the regular garbage. They are household hazardous waste. If you break one in a house, you are supposed to open all windows and doors. To reduce the exposure to the poisonous gas, go out from the house for at least 15 minutes. Sadly, consumers soon will have the option to buy incandescent lights because they won’t be available. The Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 (EISA) mandates the phase-out of incandescent light bulbs, and favors energy-efficient compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs.

 

Source: RealFarmacy

 

*You have our permission to copy or reprint our articles only if you write our link below – worldhealthchoice

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *