Common Makeup Mistake – Reason for Lost Eye!?

Putting makeup is everyday activity of many women. They want to look more beautiful, younger and self-confident. Different makeup products can make us look different. But is the case good with this mother? Erica Diaz, a mother of two suffered terrible accident after using a common makeup product. After a night out with friends she came back home and began washing off the makeup of her face. At that moment she noticed that her eyelid actually felt strange.

makeup mistake FI

 

This woman soon realized that one piece of glitter was lodged into her eye. It was glitter from the eye makeup she used. It did much more damage than you can actually think. Unfortunately, it ended up causing an infection and cutting her cornea,.

erica 1

The eye infection spread quickly. Erica’s eye was soon filled with puss. She felt excruciating pain and intense pressure, and she headed directly to the hospital. For the entire past year, this girl has been documenting her medical process on Imgur. She had two cornea transplant but unfortunately both were unsuccessful. Doctors no longer wanted to take the risk when they became worried that her eye was at risk for sepsis. At the end, they completely removed Erica’s eye.

erica 4

Due to the makeup Erica now has a prosthetic eye.

She also experienced the loss of her eyebrows, hair and eyelashes as a side effect of all those medical treatments. Glitter is maybe fun to play with and it is sparkly, but Erica almost lost her life because of it. And all because of one tiny speck of glitter. She urged people, “I beg you, when dealing with glitter, PLEASE wear eye protection.”

 

So of you decide purchasing next time some makeup or glittery eye shadow for a night out, or throwing some glitter on a DIY craft, you might think twice because of Erica’s unpleasant story.

 

 

Source: DavidWolfe

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *