How to Bring Down a Fever with THESE 8 Natural Remedies?
The fever and common cold almost always come hand in hand. The viral infection due to weather change during the winter season are generally on pick. Our body temperature increases the healthy range of 98.4 -99.5 F to battle the infection and to respond the change in weather.
By using some natural remedies you can treat fever. Do not use pharmaceutical drugs unnecessarily. These natural remedy will instantly cure the fever and it doesn’t have any side effects.
These 8 amazing remedies which will help you bring down a fever.
The spicy ginger can bring down the body temperature because it is effective to induce sweating. It has anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore, it can easily provide relief from a sore throat and reduce inflammation. The following process will show you how to make ginger tea at home.
- In 1 cup of water add ½ tsp of ginger powder
- On low flame boil the water for 5 minutes.
- Filter the solution and if you want you can add 1 tsp of honey.
Enjoy in the homemade ginger tea and get rid of fever instantly.
The cayenne pepper, just like ginger, is one the spice which easily promotes sweating. It has active ingredient called capsaicin. This ingredient fights the infection and leads to fast blood circulation. Only sprinkle 1 tsp of cayenne pepper on your vegetable or salad and it will help you to get rid of the fever.
Maybe you will find this remedy gross, but it is one of the ancient remedies which is definitely very effective. It cures fever quickly. It “brings” the blood towards the feet. That process actually reduces the body temperature and helps a lot to boost the blood circulation. The following process of wet socks remed will work wonders.
- Soak your feet in 1 tub of hot water for 5 minutes.
- Damp a pair of clean cotton socks in cold water. Once you take out your feet slip them into the socks.
- Now, put dry wool socks over the cotton socks.
- Go into your bed and have a good night sleep.
- By the next morning, you will feel great.
4. Cold grapes
Take one cup of grapes and put them in the refrigerator for a half an hour. In order to reduce body temperature, eat the cooled grapes. This fruit contains vitamin C. Therefore, it will boost the immune system and fight the infection.
Vinegar bath- Great Solution to Fight Fever
Is taking bath in fever good idea? A lot of people think that it is NOT good idea. But vinegar bath helps to reduce fever. Here is simple way how to take vinegar bath.
- Add warm (not hot) water to your bathtub.
- Put ½ cup of vinegar to the bathtub. By using your hands spread it properly.
- For 5-10 minutes soak your body in the warm water and after take a regular bath.
- Only in 1 hour your fever will significantly reduce.
6. Vinegar potatoes
Another useful way to use vinegar if you want to reduce fever is with vinegar potatoes.
- Peel 1 potato and make thin slices of it.
- In a ½ cup of vinegar soak 5-6 slices of potato for 10 minutes.
- Keep these slices on your forehead while lying down on your bed.
- Take rest for 20 minutes. Cover the potato slices with a clean washcloth.
- If you want to get rid of fever instantly then his is the best way.
7. Bone broth
Eating chicken soup is the sweatiest way to treat cold and fever. This meal supports the immune system and makes it easy to fight the infection.
One of the greatest remedies which works wonders to treat cold. Only add 1 cup of water into ½ cup of apple cider vinegar. Soak a cloth in it and put it on your forehead for few minutes. The fever will naturally get drawn out.
All these home remedies are very effective to treat fever at home. However, if you are suffering from fever longer than 7 days and it is higher than 103° F, then you should definitely have to make medical checkup.