9 Home Remedies As Natural Ear Infection Treatment
Ear infections happens when bacteria affects the inner, middle or outer part of the ear and thus causes inflammation. Conventional ear infection treatment typically involves antibiotics. They treat painful and unpleasant symptoms. Home remedies for ear infections include natural ways to reduce ear pain.
Causes and Risk Factors for Ear Infection
- Respiratory infection
- Swimmer’s ear
Ear Infection Symptoms
- Earaches and ear pains
- Fever symptoms
- Trouble sleeping due to ear pain
- Itchiness in the ear
- A red, inflamed eardrum
- Pain around the ears, radiating down the neck and side of the head
- Signs of a head cold
- Crying and rubbing in small children
- Fluid leaking from the ears
- Sensory changes
Home Remedies For Ear Infections
When heated, salt draws out toxins to help relieve ear pain. If you want to use salt as an ear infection treatment:
- First, in a pan over low heat heat up 1 cup of salt for several minutes.
- Place the hot salt on a cloth and then with a rubber band seal the open end.
- Put the cloth on the affected ear for about 5-10 minutes.
- Repeat this natural home remedy daily as many times as needed. The heat generated from the hot salt will actually help draw out fluid from the ear to reduce swelling and pain
The antimicrobial properties of this vegetable can work as an ear infection treatment. Use the following remedy for an ear infection:
- Cook 2 garlic cloves in 2 tablespoons of mustard or sesame oil to make garlic oil.
- Strain the solution.
- Use 2-4 drops as ear drops in the infected ear.
. Basil can help reduce infection and relieve ear pain. Here is how to use basil as an ear infection treatment:
- With a carrier oil such as coconut oil mix a few drops of holy basil oil
- Soak a cotton ball into the mixture.
- With the cotton ball gently wipe just inside the ear and around the outer edge of the ear.
Apple cider vinegar helps kill harmful bacteria and promote healing:
- Mix 1 part apple cider vinegar with an equal amount of alcohol or
- Soak a cotton ball in the solution.
- Put it in your ear and leave it there for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cotton ball and lay down on the opposite side in order to drain the liquid from your ear.
Warm Water Bottle
Applying heat to the infected ear can prevent bacteria from spreading and help relieve pain. How to do an ear infection?
- Press a heating pad or warm water bottle against the ear.
- Do not apply heat for long periods of time. Start with 4-5 minutes, then remove the heat for a while and repeat as needed.
Olive oil can help clear the buildup of wax that can in fact cause an ear infection.
- Slightly warm some olive oil.
- Put a few drops of the warm oil into the affected ear to soften the wax.
- By using cotton-tipped swabs remove the infected.
Thanks to their antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral properties, onions can be used medicinally
- Chop 1 small onion.
- Heat the onion for a few minutes and then allow it to cool.
- Strain out the onion juice and put 3 drops of the juice in the infected ear.
- Let the juice sit for a 2-3 minutes, then turn your head and let the juice drain out of your ear.
Tea Tree Oil
This oil has antibacterial properties and it can help naturally heal an infection. To use it for an ear infection:
- Mix 3 drops of tea tree oil with1 teaspoon of colloidal silver, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Slightly warm the mixture.
- Use a dropper to fill your ear with the mixture and let it sit for 4-5 minutes.
- Turn your head and let the mixture drain out of the ear.
- Use this remedy for 2 days, 2-3 times a day
Mango Leaf Juice
Mango leaf extract can help provide pain relief from ear infection symptoms.
- To extract the juice, crush or grind 2-3 soft mango leaves.
- Slightly warm the juice.
- Use a dropper to put 3-4 drops of the juice into the affected ear for pain relief.