6 Everyday Items are Potential Risk for Our Health

Everyday Items

At home, people on a regular basis tend to use a set of items and products. Those everyday items are related to their personal habits and daily tasks.

Even though you might be aware of this, however, many of these items aren’t as safe or sanitary as they seem. They can even be on a list as causes of certain health problems.

Although in the beginning they may seem harmless and without negative effects, over time they could lead to infections or other problems.

This is because they are everyday items that easily become dirty. They can be also made up of toxic substances that can trigger an allergic response.

Today we want to discuss the six most common unhealthy everyday items that fall into this category.  You’ll know what they are and try to use them with a little more care.

1. Bath sponges

Bath sponges

Body sponges are designed to help you cleanse your skin and remove any dead skin cells. Because of the material they’re made from, however, they become the perfect environment for the growth of bacteria, mold, and several different types of fungi.

The worst thing is that lots of people reuse them without disinfecting them. They are not aware that this could lead to skin infections and other problems.

The best thing you can do is buy loofahs or vegetable sponges. Thanks to their enzyme content, inhibit the growth of microbes.

It’s also a good idea to replace them on a regular basis and rinse them with antibacterial ingredients from time to time, such as white vinegar.

2. The blender

Your blender is a very useful and necessary kitchen appliance. But it can also be risky if you don’t take care of it adequately.
The seals and accessory pieces that these usually come with are typically made of rubber. They are located in the most risky parts of the kitchen where germs, mold, and bacteria like salmonella and e. coli can flourish.

For this reason, after you use your blender you should take it completely apart to wash everything, especially any rubber components.

3. Antibacterial soap

Antibacterial soap

While this product is designed to eliminate the bacteria found on the hands, it’s been shown that it also kills any beneficial microorganisms.

Antibacterial soaps, gels, and cleaning products are linked to an increased risk of cough, sore throat, and allergies.

In addition to that, these products contain triclosan. It is a substance that has been linked to problems with muscular function, risk of cardiac disease, and disruption of reproductive hormone activity.

4. Cotton swabs – One of the unheathies everyday items

Cotton swabs and q-tips have always been a favorite tool for removing excess wax build up from the ears.

Although there are advertisments as a dangerous habit, most people ignore this advice. They simply keep using them for this purpose. The drawback is that they can push a lot of the wax deeper into the inner parts of the ear, which eventually blocks your auditory channel.

When you add substances to your inner ear, a substance known as a histamine is produced that causes irritation and inflammation.

In order to remove excessive ear wax you should use alternatives like drops, saline solution, oxygenated water, or even olive oil.

5. Manicure and pedicure instruments

Manicure and pedicure instruments

Most of the accessories used for fingernail and foot care are filled with bacteria and other microorganisms from your skin.

This situation only worsens when several different family members use the same instruments without first disinfecting them.

Because they come into direct contact with the skin of your feet and hands with each use, it’s no wonder they’re infested with various pathogens. That’s why you should sterilize them every time you use them, and ensure they’re thoroughly disinfected.

In the case of pumice stones and nail files, these should be replaced at least once a month.

6. Rubber utensils

Rubber utensils have become popular kitchen items because they’re practical and won’t scratch your pots and pans.

The problem is this material becomes damaged with each use. It also loses some of its protective layer that helps you clean it. Over time you’ll notice they become opaque looking and develop small patches of moisture or mold.

In addition to that, pathogens like e. coli and yeast can grow in the handles. The best thing to do is buy utensils made of another type of material, or at the very least disinfect these after each use.

As you have probably noticed, lots of the items you might think are healthy can actually be risks to your health if you keep using them without caution.

Remember this from now on and follow the tips above to keep from putting yourself or your family at risk.

 

Source: StepToHealth

 

*You have our permission to copy or reprint our articles only if you write our link below – worldhealthchoice

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *