13 Amazing Uses of Cucumber That Will Surprise You
Cucumber is very healthy veggie and easy to grow. Did you know that this vegetable can prevent hangovers, or clean the kitchen sink?
Here is a list of tips you can do with cucumber!
1. Cucumbers contain most of the vitamins you need on daily basis. Only one cucumber contains Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, B3, B5, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Calcium, Vitamin C, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, Phosphorus and Zinc.
2. Feeling tired in the afternoon? Instead of caffeinated soda take a cucumber. Cucumbers are a good source of Vitamin B and Carbohydrates. They can provide that quick pick-me-up that can last for hours.
3. Tired of the bathroom mirror fogging up after every shower? Try rubbing a cucumber slice along the mirror. It will provide a soothing, spa-like fragrance and will eliminate the fog.
4. Are slugs and grubs ruining your planting beds? Put few slices in a small pie tin and your garden will be free of pests. The chemicals in the cucumber react with the aluminum to give off a scent undetectable to humans but drive garden pests crazy and make them flee the area.
5. Looking for an easy way to remove cellulite before going to the pool?
For a few minutes try rubbing a slice or two of cucumbers along your problem area. The phytochemical in the cucumber cause the collagen in your skin to tighten. It firms up the outer layer and reduces the visibility of cellulite. Works great on wrinkles too!!!
6. Want to avoid terrible headache? Before going to bed eat a few cucumber slices. Wake up refreshed and headache free. Cucumbers contain enough sugar, electrolytes and B vitamins to replenish essential nutrients the body lost. They keep everything in equilibrium and both a hangover and headache!
7. Looking to fight off that afternoon or evening snacking binge? Cucumbers have been used for centuries and often used by European trappers, explores and traders for quick meals to thwart off starvation.
8. Have an important job interview or meeting and you realize that you don’t have enough time to polish your shoes? Rub a freshly cut cucumber over the shoe. Its chemicals will provide durable shine that not only looks great but also repels water.
9. Out of WD 40 and need to fix a squeaky hinge? Take a cucumber slice and rub it along the problematic hinge, and the squeak is gone!
10. Stressed out and don’t have time for massage or visit the spa?
Cut up an entire cucumber and place it in a boiling pot of water. The nutrients and chemicals from the cucumber will react with the boiling water. Released in the steam they will create a soothing, relaxing aroma that has been shown to reduce stress in new mothers and college students during final exams.
11. Just finish a business lunch and realize you don’t have gum? Take a slice of cucumber and press it to the roof of your mouth with your tongue for 30 seconds to eliminate bad breath. The photochemical will kill the bacteria in your mouth responsible for causing bad breath.
12. Looking for a ‘green’ way to clean your sinks, faucets or stainless steel? Take a slice of cucumber and rub it on the surface you want to clean. Not only will it remove years of tarnish and bring back the shine, but it won’t leave streaks and won’t harm you fingers or fingernails while you clean.
13. Using a pen and made a mistake? Take the outside of the cucumber and slowly use it to erase the pen writing. It also works great on markers and crayons that the kids have used to decorate the walls.